Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dream Man

For single ladies who have not yet met 'the one' and for the married ladies who already have, let me ask you - do you or did you have a secret wish list for that super special someone? Obviously, everyone wants someone who is smart and has a good sense of humor, but I'm talking more specific. Needless to say, I have one. Truthfully, it's more of a complete persona than just a list. Let me tell you a little about him:

His (fake) name is Wade Montgomery. I thought it sounded really Southern, which he is. He is likely from Richmond, Raleigh, Charleston, Greenville, Charlotte - basically anywhere South of the Mason Dixon line. Because he was raised in the South, he has excellent manners and is a true Southern gentleman. His family still lives in the South where they run a (thriving) family business. He went to school (you guessed it) in the South and is a huge college football fan. He meets up with his fellow alum every Saturday at the local bar to cheer on his favorite team. Once he moves back to the South to raise his family (with yours truly) he will likely take over his family's business and live near his alma mater, making it easy to get season tickets to all the games. He is outdoorsy but is content to spend his outdoor time (fishing, hunting, camping) with his guy friends since his wife (again, yours truly) doesn't care for those activities. I will, however, participate in boating and/or sailing as often as I possibly can. He is very close to his family and one of his favorite times of the year is the week he spends with them at the beach every summer.

He is tall (I'm talking 6'2+), on the chubby side, has dirty blond, shaggy hair, a great smile and (this is crucial) dimples. He may or may not wear glasses when he reads. He wears visors and croakies and is not afraid to occasionally wear pink.

He uses phrases like 'Give me some sugar", calls me honey or sweetie or baby, and loves to hold my hand. He understands the importance of sending flowers and doesn't chastise me about spending oodles of money on clothes, decorating the house or mani/pedis. He adores my cooking. He can't wait to have children and will be a great father. He is patient and affectionate, kind and thoughtful. Oh, and he is smart with a great sense of humor. ; )

Know anyone that matches this description? If so, please let me know. My future happiness is in your hands....

Now - don't get me wrong - I am certainly not ruling out men who do not meet the requirements of my perfect man, nor am I consciously seeking out men who meet each and every one of my requests. I am simply putting out to the universe the type of man I hope to someday meet, preferably in the very near future. Is it possible my super special someone is a Yankee and not a Southerner? Short and not tall? Averse to ever wearing pink? I suppose it's possible... My question to you is - do you have a secret wish list? Is it as crazy as mine?

Come to think of it - this is him! My Wade Montgomery!!! Can you imagine having Paula Deen as your mother in law?! Heaven! ; )

2 comments:

MCW said...

I think we have the same taste. I like them a little chubby too :) This was the best post. Laughing.

Kate said...

Great post! I have a pretty detail list too. Of course I am open to someone who doesn't fit the whole description but it's fun to think of a dream man!