Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Two things I love -- Martha and cupcakes! I am so looking forward to this book's release! Pre-order your copy today!
A side note -- anyone who wants to quit their job and open a cupcake shop, please contact me. ;)
In case you were wondering, here is Martha's Cupcake of the Day for today. I happen to LOVE pistachios AND raspberries so these look heavenly to me!
Makes 15 standard or 36 mini cupcakes
* Nonstick cooking spray
* 1 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into pieces
* 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
* 4 large eggs
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 to 2 containers (6 ounces each) fresh raspberries
* 1/4 cup slivered or chopped pistachios, for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line standard or mini muffin tins with paper liners; coat liners with cooking spray. In a food processor, finely grind shelled pistachios with the sugar and salt. Add butter, vanilla, and eggs: process until smooth. Add flour; pulse until just moistened and combined; do not overmix.
2. Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three-quarters full. Drop raspberries into batter (4 to 6 per standard cupcake; 2 per mini) and sprinkle with slivered pistachios (1/2 teaspoon per standard: 1/4 teaspoon per mini). Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until golden brown, about 28 minutes for standard cupcakes, 14 for minis. Transfer tins to wire racks to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature. Cupcakes can be stored up to 2 days at room temperature in airtight containers.