Friday, July 3, 2009

Lovely!


I recently received the Lovely Blog Award from two lovely lady bloggers, A Boston Belle and One Day at a Time. Thanks - I love awards! :)

The Rules:

1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his/her link.

2. Pass the award to 5 other bloggers that you have newly discovered.

I pass this award on to the following....

The Preppy Apron
- Someone already beat me to it and gave her the Lovely Award but I don't care! Her blog is new to me and I love it!

Bitsy and Olive - Such a cute blog! Check it out! She also tagged me....see below for ten things about me!

Shore Aesthetic - This lady has great taste and is a fellow DC girl!

Daydream Believer
- Another native DC girl, she is very new to the blogging world but also adorable! Love her latest book recommendations!

Pink Makes the World Go Round - I couldn't agree more with the name of her blog! She has an adorable blog and I totally relate to her eBay obsession....

Now, I was tagged by Bitsy & Olive to list ten random things about me. Here it goes...

1. As much as I love chocolate, my favorite desserts are those with fruit - cobblers, strawberry shortcake, tarts, etc. Yum!

2. I love movies about the mafia. I know, I know - it's not very prep of me but one of my favorite movies of all time is The Godfather. I also love, love, love The Sopranos.

3. When I get a manicure, I always ask for Essie Mademoiselle. It is the perfect shade of pale pink!

4. I'm not going to say that I love doing laundry, but I do really enjoy it. There's nothing like the smell of fresh laundry or the sound of the washing machine/dryer running for me.... it's very comforting to me.

5. A place that I have never been but am dying to go is Italy. I would love to eat and drink my way through the whole country. Someday....

6. I secretly wish I could be a floral designer or cake decorator.

7. I have a big family - 1 full brother, 3 half sisters, and 4 step brothers! Holidays are never boring!

8. My favorite flowers are hydrangeas, peonies, and orchids.

9. I cannot stand when people refer to themselves as "classy". If you're really classy, you don't need to say it.

10. There are three celebrities who people have said I resemble: Carrie Underwood, Madonna, and Trisha Yearwood. I am choosing to believe I look most like Carrie - we could really be sisters. ;)

6 comments:

Jules said...

Congrats on the award! Your blog is quite lovely :)

It was also fun reading that tag. I think it's great you come from a big family considering I'm an only child. I would love to go to Italy too (and Tahiti)!

Pink Makes the World Go 'Round said...

Thank you so much! Giving me my first ever bloggy award was so sweet of you! I love reading your blog and am looking forward to seeing what you put on ebay! :)

ACL said...

Thanks! This is my first tag and I appreciate the recognition :)

stacilynfeldman said...

thank you for the award! you are too sweet! hope you had a very happy 4th.

Bitsy said...

I love decorating cakes! And I think you do look a lot like Carrie- lucky girl!!!

Thank you so much for the award!!!

xoxo,
Bitsy

MBM said...

Thank you soooooooo much!! I love your blog too! This is quite an honor! I'm having fun reading your archives! Your blog is so inspiring! xox MBM