Friday, July 3, 2009
I recently received the Lovely Blog Award from two lovely lady bloggers, A Boston Belle and One Day at a Time. Thanks - I love awards! :)
1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his/her link.
2. Pass the award to 5 other bloggers that you have newly discovered.
I pass this award on to the following....
The Preppy Apron - Someone already beat me to it and gave her the Lovely Award but I don't care! Her blog is new to me and I love it!
Bitsy and Olive - Such a cute blog! Check it out! She also tagged me....see below for ten things about me!
Shore Aesthetic - This lady has great taste and is a fellow DC girl!
Daydream Believer - Another native DC girl, she is very new to the blogging world but also adorable! Love her latest book recommendations!
Pink Makes the World Go Round - I couldn't agree more with the name of her blog! She has an adorable blog and I totally relate to her eBay obsession....
Now, I was tagged by Bitsy & Olive to list ten random things about me. Here it goes...
1. As much as I love chocolate, my favorite desserts are those with fruit - cobblers, strawberry shortcake, tarts, etc. Yum!
2. I love movies about the mafia. I know, I know - it's not very prep of me but one of my favorite movies of all time is The Godfather. I also love, love, love The Sopranos.
3. When I get a manicure, I always ask for Essie Mademoiselle. It is the perfect shade of pale pink!
4. I'm not going to say that I love doing laundry, but I do really enjoy it. There's nothing like the smell of fresh laundry or the sound of the washing machine/dryer running for me.... it's very comforting to me.
5. A place that I have never been but am dying to go is Italy. I would love to eat and drink my way through the whole country. Someday....
6. I secretly wish I could be a floral designer or cake decorator.
7. I have a big family - 1 full brother, 3 half sisters, and 4 step brothers! Holidays are never boring!
8. My favorite flowers are hydrangeas, peonies, and orchids.
9. I cannot stand when people refer to themselves as "classy". If you're really classy, you don't need to say it.
10. There are three celebrities who people have said I resemble: Carrie Underwood, Madonna, and Trisha Yearwood. I am choosing to believe I look most like Carrie - we could really be sisters. ;)