Monday, February 9, 2009

Home Improvement

I spent a lot of my weekend buying fabulous things for my house!

On Saturday, I went to the Alexandria Boutique Warehouse Sale where I purchased this lovely kitchen rug. It goes perfectly with my pink and green Williams Sonoma dish towels.

















Thanks to Nautical by Nature for announcing this fabulous event!

On Sunday, I went to out to Lucketts, VA with my Mom and a friend. It is a quaint little town outside of DC that has the most amazing antiques and architectural salvage pieces. I love it and was fortunate to find these lovely items....
































My most important purchase of the weekend was....a dining room table and chairs! I have been looking for a set for a long time and this one was a steal. I love the chairs and the table is amazing, though it required some TLC in the form of stripping, sanding, and re-staining. As soon as it is done, I will post pictures of the final set.

















A close-up of the fabric....

2 comments:

Kate said...

How long is the trip from DC? An hour or so? I am so going now!

Hopsy said...

I LOVE your new rug and those chairs are darling as well!